Enjoy many years of use with these simple tips
Taking care of your nonstick Swiss Diamond cookware ensures the longest possible lifetime.
- Thoroughly clean your pan with hot soapy water after each use – if you notice a dark build-up on the interior bottom of your pan, try a baking soda treatment.
- Use your cookware only on low to medium-high heat
- Gently preheat your pan over medium heat until a droplet of water sizzles but doesn’t immediately evaporate
- Use your cookware in the oven up to 500*F (260*C)
- Contact us if you have questions about how to use your pan!
- Use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or other harsh substances for cleaning
- Use your pan over high heat.
“High heat” is the top 25% of your stove dial – for example, if your stove has heat settings from 1 to 10, never use more than a 7.
- Preheat your pan for longer than necessary, to the point where a droplet of water hisses loudly and immediately evaporates – this can scorch the coating of your pan and render it unusable
- Use your pan in the oven at more than 500*F (260*C)
- Use metal or other sharp utensils
- Cut food in the pan
- Touch an immersion blender to the bottom or sides of the pan
The most common problems that are reported with any nonstick cookware are caused by using the pans with metal utensils, using the pans over too high heat, and not cleaning the pans properly. By following the Use & Care guidelines above, you can extend the life of your nonstick cookware for many years!
Do you have tips for extending the life of your cookware? Please comment below!