- 50 grams buckwheat flour
- 44 grams each of: almond meal, sorghum flour, sweet brown rice flour
- 30 grams tapioca starch
- 1/2 t. fine sea salt
- 2 T. organic cane sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. milk*
- 1 c. water
- Butter for the pan (to taste)
*You may use water instead of the milk if you are dairy-free, have a dairy or casein allergy
INGREDIENTS: Orange Flecked Strawberries
- 2 c. sliced strawberries
- 3 T. organic cane sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- Zest from 1/2 orange
- Fresh whipped cream
- Mix together the buckwheat flour, almond meal, sorghum flour, sweet brown rice flour, tapioca starch, sea salt and cane sugar.
- In another small bowl, whisk the eggs just until combined and then add to the bowl of flours.
- Slowly add the 1 c. milk and 1 c. water, whisking the whole time until you get a nice smooth batter. Now cover the bowl and set in the fridge for one hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the strawberries by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- When ready to make the crepes, pull out your Swiss Diamond Crepe Pan and place over medium-high heat. Brush with a little bit of melted butter to taste – Swiss Diamond pans do not need oil for cooking, so it would simply be a flavor additive.
- Dip a 1/4 c. measure into the batter and pour into the middle of the hot pan,quickly rotating your wrist so the batter moves all around the pan. Cook 30 seconds-1 minute on the first side, until lightly bubbling, and gently flip to cook the other side another 30 seconds. Slide out onto a plate and place in the oven (set it at 200) to keep warm while you prepare the remaining crepes.
- Continue pouring and swirling batter until you have used it all up and have a beautiful stack of crepes.
- Set on the table with the bowl of strawberries and bowl of fresh cream for people to assemble their own crepes. Bon Appetit!
Have you tried making this recipe? Is there anything you would change? Let us know in the comments section below!